Food in my hair

I took a shower this morning. That is very exciting news in itself. Even more exciting, however, is the assortment of shower products that I discovered in the bathroom:

Products only a food blogger could appreciate :-) John travels often for work, so the house has quite a collection of mini hotel shampoos. I usually seek out the cinnamon bun set from Holiday Inn (left), but I got so thrilled about washing my hair with whole grains (right) that I decided to shake things up today.

Moving on, breakfast was a slice of random rhubarb pie:

Alongside a pile of fruit salad with apples, kiwi, banana, orange, and fresh pineapple topped with ground flax, chia seeds, cinnamon, and cardamom:

And some milky oriental rose tea on the side (with my baby fork):

Mom and I have embarked on yet another day of cooking (of course!). My stepmom broke her ankle last week and is going to be bed-bound for a while, so we’re throwing together some casseroles and goodies to take over to my dad’s house today to make sure they are well-stocked :-)

How do you feel about food in your hair? If you like it, what is your favorite hair treat?

17 thoughts on “Food in my hair

1. Sarah says:

when my family was in for my graduation last week I stopped by their hotel on the way to dinner and I started screaming when I saw the quinoa shampoo in the bathroom. They thought something bad happened to me in there, but no, I was just super excited about the shampoo. Haha.

2. Susan says:

I love eating pie for breakfast!!!

I’ve never heard of using those ingredients in shampoos before. I wonder what the benefits to your hair is? I made an oatmeal face mask once. That was umm… interesting…

3. Krista says:

I bought a grape/vanilla smoothie body wash for the kids last year and used most of it myself!! Oops!!!

Great breakfast. I can’t wait to see what kind of casseroles you whip up! :)

4. Gina says:

It’s funny you bring that up because I have never heard anything scientific about the whole “food in hair products”. I mean, I see commercials about them all the time (including vitamin E and C, and healthy fats, etc.), but I really can’t understand how the same properties that work well on our organs and tissues would help our hair. It’s interesting.

5. coco says:

whole grain in hair products!!! oh… so cool! :D
    love your baby fork, so cute! :)
    I know that mayonnaise is really a good hair mask but it’s a little nasty!

6. burpexcuzme says:

grains in my shampoo? how totally rad! I wonder if they’re really good for your hair though?
    I do slather food on my face though. once I rubbed avocado all over my face because I heard the oils are great for your skin…looked horrible, but I really believed my skin looked better! haha!

7. Melinda says:

i gotta say, i’ve never tried putting food in my hair, but i’ve heard great things about avocado masks! I love your baby fork, I have a baby spoon I use all the time. Why are tiny utensils so much more fun?!

8. Christina says:

I personally love food in my hair. My current shampoo smells like strawberries and my conditioner smells like bananas. I seriously want to eat the conditioner every time I use it!

9. Anne K. says:

Woah, awesome products! I love it :D Your breakfast looks delicious, as always. My sister really likes this organic coconut oil shampoo/conditioner, and I think it’s alright. I really like the idea, but my hair seems to like the John Freida blonde shampoo/conditioner the best!

10. broccolihut says:

Cool! I would be all over that shampoo! I am a firm believer that food is the way to heal/fix any health problem, so I welcome the prospect of food in my hair:)

11. Vani says:

YUMMY b’fast!!

I used to put lemon juice in my hair to give it red highlights. It worked, but I also got attacked by swarms of bees at lacrosse practice . . .