Batter up

If only I were talking about cake batter!

IMG_0186

The bus ride took forEVER yesterday! 95 was littered with crashes and accidents the whole way (Mariposa, did you notice this?!). I had exhausted my entire supply of emergency snacks — hard-boiled egg, apple, cashews, and a banana nut odwalla bar — by the time the bus finally pulled into Providence, so that was dinner. John and I swung back to the house to pick up my mom (and grab a couple handfuls of baby carrots!), and then it was off to the PawSox who, incidentally, happened to be playing the Yankees (I’m talking minor leagues here, if anyone is confused) last night. Poor PawSox got totally clobbered, though. We left in the 9th inning, and it was 10-1!

Also, coincidence of all coincidences, about halfway through the game, this really familiar-looking man came and sat in front of us and was talking to the guys sitting beside me. It took me a minute, but then I realized: it was Wife‘s dad!! Wife and I met at NYU of course, but we actually grew up only 30 minutes away from each other. Apparently, last night was the night of her dad’s annual trip to the baseball game with some of the guys from the high school where he works. What are the chances??

So back to the food. I had already eaten my dinner, but somehow, food kept arriving in front of me. Hand modeling credit in the following photos goes to my mom.

I had a small bite of this hot dog, even though I don’t like hot dogs. I was at a baseball game — it was the thing to do.

IMG_0183

A couple handfuls of this popcorn:

IMG_0184

The popcorn was so salty that it made us really need ice cream. So I had three bites of this bar:

IMG_0189

But I guess that was only an appetizer, because this ice cream in a helmet appeared a few moments later:

IMG_0191

Mom (and she’s supposed to be a good influence!) and I shared that one as well as this baggie of grapes from home (to cancel out the ice cream):

IMG_0193

Now that I have all that out of my system, I am fully ready to go produce-crazy on my mama’s fridge, starting this morning!

Cake batter or baseball batter? And who has the best fridge in your family?

P.S. Diana is giving away LOTS of VitaTops. If you live under a rock and don’t know about VitaTops, they are only the best non-homemade snack/dessert ever created. Go enter the giveaway!

Advertisements

19 thoughts on “Batter up

1. Lara (Thinspired) says:

Cake batter, all the way, baby…although your game eats DO look good!
    My mom’s fridge is always stocked…fruit and veggies…great cheeses..and always diet soda, which is a treat for me because I’m too cheap to buy it!

2. Gina says:

Baseball batter!! There is nothing like a good baseball (INDIANS) game in the summer 🙂 And when you are at the game, everything you eat is calorie free of course!

3. Mariposa says:

i am very upset. you were right down the street from my house!!!!!!!!! at a pawsox game!!! i live around the corner from there! you could have come over! lol

im going to cry now!

thanks for the shout- out though! i didnt notice any traffic i was home too late! lol

4. Christina says:

Fun night! Those baseball caps full of ice cream are great – brings back memories!

I love baseball but I’m gunna have to go with cake batter. I love food more 🙂

5. Anna says:

My parents do NOT have a good fridge. I go in there and am like, ‘where are the veggies?’ ‘are you really out of hummus?’ how can you not have any soymilk?’ And then I go in there and clean it all out and stock it again. Good thing I only go home a few times a year.

I haven’t been to a baseball game in ages! I like them, but they do go on forrreeevvverrrr.

6. Elisabeth says:

Cake batter. Any other batter besides the baseball variety. I really can’t stand baseball. It’s one of the only sports that I just cannot enjoy watching, no matter how hard I try.

7. Sweetie Pie says:

Cake batter, of course!!! It looks like you had a great time. I’m just glad to know that I’m not the only one who packs baggies full of grapes when heading to the ballpark. It seems like I always have a fruit salad in my purse. 🙂

8. Anne K. says:

Haha, I totally thought of cake batter when I read this post title. And I definitely prefer it, too! I have a hard time getting into sports like baseball and football.

Have a great Friday!

9. Hangry Pants says:

I have not been to a pawsox game in forever! Actually, I haven’t been since they made the stadium nice! I love ice cream from a baseball hat!!!!

Definitely ice cream batter. And my sister that lives in Mass. always has a fully stocked kitchen!

10. Karina Pinzon says:

Ah! The ice cream in a helmet looks like too much fun! I’ve never been to a real baseball game, they look like fun but I’m not so much into sports!
    But yess, hot dogs are a must at sports games. I used to go to my brother’s football games just for the dogs, haha 🙂

11. verbalriot says:

take me out to the balllggaammeee hahah

My parents’ fridge is awesome, but only when I’m home because that’s when they buy food 🙂

12. Gina Boland says:

Haha, Wife’s Dad. Too funny. I’m off to the Yankees-Phillies game tonight and I’m def. getting ice cream in a hat. I’m rooting for the Phillies and wearing a Phillies jersey so I fully expect to have things thrown at me tonight. Wish me luck!

13. MaryBe says:

There’s a reason I always sit behind home plate 😀
    And I am sure you have explained this before, but can you explain Wife’s name? Is she a noun or a verb 😀

• Sarah says:

Haha, Mary — Good question! Wife is one of my best friends from college. Her real name is Laura, but we started calling each other Wife sometime in our junior year. I think it had something to do with commiserating over boyfriend drama. The name stuck and is still going strong 7 years later!