Baked Rice Pudding
My roommate Tara orders Chinese food often (Hi Tara!), and she usually ends up donating her leftover rice to the cause (my cause, that is). As a result, I’ve gotten lots of practice. I knew just what to do when my dad and stepmom had a whole pint of rice leftover from their Chinese food!
* 1 pint (or 2 cups) of cooked rice (I use brown rice when I make it for myself)
* 3 cups eggnog (I use skim milk plus mashed banana when I make it for myself)
* 3 eggs
* cooking spray
* Preheat oven to 400.
* Spray 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
* Beat eggs.
* Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
* Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle liberally with nutmeg.
* Bake 40 minutes or until pudding is firm when you jiggle the pan.
Serve hot or cold. You can cut it into squares to serve or just use a big spoon for scooping!