BBQ Pork & Beans
Here’s another meal that took no planning and just grew out of what I had. You could probably substitute anything for anything (i.e. black beans for white, collard greens for cabbage, tofu for pork, etc.) and come up with something amazing.
Ingredients (for six 3/4 cup servings)
– 1 cup chopped cooked pork
– 3 cups cooked white beans
– 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
– 1.5 cups finely chopped steamed cabbage
– 1 tsp minced garlic
– 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, store-bought or make your own a la Kath
– 2 Tbsp broth
– coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
This is so easy that it’s almost embarrassing.
1. Mix together everything except for s&p in a pot.
2. Simmer, loosely covered, over a low flame until everything is heated through.
3. Season to taste with s&p.
4. Serve in pretty teacups.
5. Remember to keep your pinky in the air while you eat.