Black Bean-Asparagus Dip
My cousin Rachel and I made this recipe up on the fly, and it disappeared from the party in under 10 minutes!
* 3 cups cooked black beans (we used a combo of canned and dry), fork-mashed
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 1 garlic glove, finely chopped
* 1 bunch of asparagus, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
* 3 ounces of cheese (I don’t even know what kind we used), shredded
* 1 egg white
* spices to taste (we used garlic sea salt, basil, and cayenne)
* bread crumbs (any kind)
* olive oil
Preheat oven to 375.
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil. When tender, add asparagus and saute until bright green. Let cool.
In a small casserole dish, mix cooled and mashed black beans, yogurt, cooled saute mixture, spices, 1 ounce of the cheese, and the egg white. Top dish with the rest of the cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until brown and bubbly on top. Serve with plain crackers or crunchy veggies.