Linner tonight was delicious delicious leftovers from chicken-pineapple skewer night (on one of my new cherry plates from mom):
Remember the char (marinated to reduce carcinogens, of course)?
Dessert was a special special treat.
Before I left MA yesterday, I convinced my mom my mom offered to make Indian pudding so that I would have some comforting “mom food” to bring back to Brooklyn with me. I found this recipe online, and mom doctored it by replacing the whole milk with a mixture of skim milk, fat free ricotta, and nonfat evaporated milk; the sugar with a mixture of sugar in the raw and erythritol; halving the butter and using Promise; and omitting the half-and-half in favor of vanilla ice cream. For tonight’s dessert, I heated 1/2 cup.
I had my warm Indian Pudding with homemade vanilla frozen yogurt (plain yogurt, vanilla, honey) and a sliced strawberry:
Word on the street is that a slice of healthy cheesecake also found its way into the evening 😛
On another note, you’ve all given me so many fun suggestions via comments over the past few days, so I thought it would be useful to give a little recap. Here’s what you said!
Food in Your Hair (and other non-edible beauty-inspired ways to use food)
- Oatmeal face mask (Susan)
- Grape-vanilla smoothie body wash (Krista)
- Cocoa bean body scrub (Lara)
- Mayonnaise hair mask (Coco)
- Avocado face mask (Sophia)
- Strawberry shampoo and banana conditioner (Christina)
- Coconut oil shampoo/conditioner (Anne K.)
- Lemon juice hair highlights (Vani)
- Chamomile tea hair rinse (Mara)
- Local fresh donuts in chocolate cake, toasted coconut, and maple iced flavors (Brandi)
- Angel food cake, challah, and cinnamon-raisin bread (Vani)
- Vanilla cake, drizzled with chocolate syrup (Mariposa)
- Brioche (Janetha)
- Eggplant! (Diana)
- Pancakes from Clinton Street Baking Co. (Olivia)
- Donut (Amy)
- Holey Donuts … and pumpkin! (Anne K.)
- Oatmeal breakfast cookie (Olga)
- S’mores! and carrot cake (Christina)
I dare someone to give one of these a try (especially the s’mores — I bet that could actually work very well). Report back if you do it! What sounds best to you?