Ahhhhh it’s finally the weekend!! I’m planning on crashing just as soon as I’m done with this post — I feel like I could sleep for a year (though my body always wakes me up after eight hours, grrr).
Myrna and I had lunch together today before we started our group. I ate everything I packed (of course) plus a bit extra. Yesterday, a mom brought Myrna a big Mexican steak platter with homemade corn tortillas, steak (obv), salad, and rice:
After the potluck lunch we’d already had, Myrna could not even consider starting on this then, so she stuck it in the fridge for today and shared it with me while we ate and planned for our group. She gave me all the sauteed veggies (hidden amongst the steak in the picture) and this tortilla with fixings:
And she also gave me half of her banana that I topped with office peanut butter:
And since I spend so much time with this guy, here’s a shot of the candy jar that plagues me all day:
I think I had five mints and two fruity tootsies today …
Now that I’m constantly taking pictures of all the food I see, my coworkers can’t seem to stop offering me bites of what they have! A bunch of others ordered a different steak meal that they couldn’t finish, so the leftovers were sitting on my desk when I came back up after we finished the group. I’m not complaining! Here’s everything unpacked for display purposes tonight:
The salad, tortilla, banana, and rice went into the fridge for use this weekend. I chopped the meat into little pieces and put it in a snack baggie for freezing:
On my way home from work, I stopped into Whole Foods for a few items that are miraculously cheaper there. In the process, I ate a dinner of samples:
– 3 small pieces of chocolate from Azure Chocolat: Beauty Bark (“70% Belgian dark chocolate, dried wild blueberries, cacao nibs, fresh walnuts, golden flax, and grey sea salt” – phenomenal!), S’mores d’Azure (“fresh marshmallow and creamy chocolate ganache sandwiched between two Azure grahams smothered in Belgian milk chocolate”), and chocolate covered-graham (“freshly baked crispy graham laced with cinnamon and honey and smothered in Belgian milk chocolate”)
– 1 bite of each of the 4 flavors of Gnu Flavor & Fiber bars
– 2 pieces of baked seasoned tofu
– several teeny pieces of 3-year-aged gouda with flatbread crackers
– 4 cucumber slices with ginger miso dressing
– a sample cup of black bean loaf
Definitely a successful outing! Here’s what I bought:
Total cost: $12.
Once home, I made a little snack of the rest of last week’s yogurt batch (approx. 1/4 cup), half an apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom:
And now it is time to relax and hopefully catch up on lots and lots of sleep!