BSI Dates: Final Recipe Tally
- Submitted 1/27 by ttfn300 at Tri to Cook: Butternut Squash & Date Puree
- Submitted 1/28 by Meghann at The Inner Workings of a College Graduate: Perfectly Portioned for One Roasted Eggplant, Date, & Kale Curry
- Submitted 1/29 by Denise at Denise’s Kitchen: Pork Candy (aka Stuffed Dates with Goat Cheese & Prosciutto
- Submitted 1/31 by Brandi at Bran Appétit: Barley Date Pudding
- Submitted 2/1 by Kate: Mystery Date Muffins
- Submitted 2/1 by Emily at Sheila Moon/Big Swingin’ Cycles Team: Powdered Sugar Coated Date, Walnut, & Butter Balls
- Submitted 2/1 by Vani at Fit for Free: Whole-Wheat Coffee Cake Muffins with Date-Nut Streusel
- Submitted 2/1 by Victoria at The Idle Loaf: Banana Date Coffee Cake
- Submitted 2/1 by Kath at Kath Eats Real Food: Blue Cheese, Date, & Pecan Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Submitted 2/1 by Tina at Carrots ‘N’ Cake: Oatmeal Date Cookies
- Submitted 2/1 by Biz at Biggest Diabetic Loser: Date Wontons
- Submitted 2/1 by Andrea at Bella Eats: Peanut Butter Date Blondies
- Submitted 2/1 by my mom: Date, Feta, & Toasted Nut Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Submitted 2/1 by Jenna at Eat, Live, Run: Whole Wheat Date-Banana Bread Cookies
They all look so good!!! How will I ever choose? I’ll be back late tonight (prob won’t get home from work and class until about 9) to announce the winner.
I bundled up like crazy this morning for the gym as usual, only to run outside and smack into a wall of temperate climate. Weather.com says it was 30 degrees, but it felt more like 40 to me! As I jogged to the gym, I had to take off my scarf, my ear flap hat, and my gloves — and I wished I could take off my fleece pants and two long-sleeved shirts, too! I only did 30 minutes StairMaster this morning because I was running late. Stats: 53 minutes, 391 calories, average heart rate 142, max heart rate 166.
Breakfast was, of course, my crockpot gingerbread spice oats that spent yesterday slow-cooking. I’d been looking forward to these all night, and they did not let me down! Along with one cup of the oats, I had 1/3 cup healthy cream cheese icing, 1/4 Greek yogurt, two crumbled graham sticks, and a sprinkling of powdered ginger:
And a chocolate caramel enchantment chai tea with Silk on the side.
See you at lunch!
4 thoughts on “Running behind”
Can’t wait for the BSI results!! 🙂
those oats look so good!
oh that bowl of oats looks HEAVENLY. love it!
I love bowls of yumminess! That is making my mouth water.